- Salary Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Location Osney Mead Ind. Est. Ferry Hinksey Road Oxford
- Contract Type Permanent
- Hours 38
- Closing Date
- Business Unit Booker Wholesale
Osney Mead Ind. Est. Ferry Hinksey Road Oxford OX2 0ES
About the role
Do you want to work for a company that truly delivers? Planning your route to success?
We are looking for someone who can lead a team to ensure that the delivery department is trading efficiently, safely, within legal constraints and offers the highest customer service standards. An experienced manager who is dedicated to keeping customers happy, takes pride in their work and has a proven track record of motivating, developing and challenging their team to improve the delivery operation. Can you deliver this?
Based in one of our delivery locations, experience, knowledge and skills in warehouse / transport are essential.
Leading your team to ensure your branch is trading efficiently, safely, within legal constraints and offering the highest customer service standards.
Managing delivery costs and customer charges to achieve agreed targets.
Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and setting challenging targets to minimise payroll cost
Understanding the local market in order to offer the best service in your area ensuring fantastic customer service and satisfaction.
Managing your team effectively to cover all customer service requirements and engaging with customers, using feedback to improve service and satisfaction
Working with the regional team, assisting the business to identify opportunities while developing or improving ways of working.
You will need
Previous experience and knowledge of deliveries/ transport are essential in addition to:
Experience of managing a warehouse operation
Engaging with customers and building and maintaining strong relationships
Developing new ideas and challenging a team to improve the delivery service
Identifying talent and encouraging development in a team
Motivating a team to build a strong customer service culture
Communicating openly and being able to influence key stakeholders
Planning and organising effectively
A “Hands on approach” is beneficial
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package