- Salary Competitive
- Location Camford Way Sundon Park Road Luton
- Contract Type Permanent
- Hours 38
- Closing Date
- Business Unit Booker Wholesale
Camford Way Sundon Park Road Luton LU3 3AN
About the role
This is a dual role of Picking in the warehouse and driving. Sunday - Thursday, some weeks may be Mon-Fri please not the Delivery Driving will be about 25 weeks a year the rest will be Picking orders.
Overtime opportunities also available
Within this role you will have the opportunity as a permanent member of the team to join our delivery team.
You will join the business as a Van driver with a mix of duties, including picking for the delivery team which includes supporting the delivered operation in achieving first class customer service.
You will need a full driving license to be considered for this role.
Our drivers are the beating heart of our business and you will play a vital role in ensuring customers receive their deliveries on time and with a great service.
Responsible for the accurate picking and dispatch of goods by picking against a hand held terminal and advising Manager of any differences.
Checking quality, shelf life and ensuring packaging is robust in preparation for Delivery.
Responsible for providing a high standard of customer service by processing deliveries efficiently and to target.
Providing first class service to our customers when delivering their goods.
Being polite when dealing with delivery staff and responding appropriately to queries and complaints referring any complex situations to someone who can help.
You’ll be loading stock in to the vehicle at the Branch and unloading at the customer premises. You’ll also need to ensure the paperwork is completed accurately.
You will need
A can do attitude
A passion for customer service
Be willing to go the extra mile
Always be there, on time and properly presented.
Full driving license
What's in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package